Items that go into effect for the 2017 NTPA season
1. 4 clamps per cable or crimped ends are now required on engines that require cables.
2. Page 35: Section M #1c (add) or a light attached to the power feed if the kill switch interrupts the ignition power supply. (This may be used for kill switch testing)
3. The diesel fuel testing system and rules has been reinstated with new specs
The rule will read:
The NTPA will evaluate diesel fuel using the dielectric constant value. That value shall be determined by the NTPA fuel check meter only. The NTPA fuel check meter shall use Cyclohexane to establish the zero reference point for determining all diesel fuel dielectric constant values. Diesel fuel to be used in NTPA competition shall have a dielectric value of no greater than 8.5, nor a value of no less than 2.2.
4. Allow a 1/2" steel spacer for clutch clearance on cast OEM chassis .
5. All classes at all levels will be conducted under a floating finish. Tracks will a maximum of 330 feet with no exception boundary lines will extend to 330 feet. Vehicles get red flagged if they exceed the 330 feet and must come back for a pulloff
1. A turbo inlet restrictor plate is required for all SS classes.
(Size and dimensions to be determined)
2. NTPA will now allow aluminum billet engine in all SS classes
The rule now reads on page 5:
1. Steel billet, aluminum billet and steel recast blocks allowed. The specifications for the block will be based on factory OEM specs of the block chosen to be replaced with a allowance for the 5/8 in deck plate and limited to 540 cubic inch.
Pro Stock tractors
1. Component chassis, V-8 diesel engines only be allowed if they were offered in a two wheel drive tractor from factory.
1. Change Rule 4C to read, intake manifold may be non OEM with a maximum inlet size 3.75 inches measured on the outside diameter one inlet pipe only.
Diesel FWD trucks
1. The SSD FWD class has been made a Grand National class.
2. NTPA has added a 2.6 and 3.6 Diesel FWD (class Rules to be listed soon)
Wisconsin Tractor Puller's Association Annual Meeting and Banquet will be held December 10th, 2016 at the Cranberry Country Lodge in Tomah. Room Reservations can be made by calling 608-374-2801. Rooms are $92.06 plus tax for either 2 queens or 1 king.
WTPA will be hosting the Region 3 Banquet as well on December 10th. Reservation forms for dinner will be mailed in October. ...